1889 Chester England 9K Rose Gold Wedding Band
This antique Wedding Band is fully hallmarked for 9K Rose Gold, Chester, and Jan 1889 - May 1890. This makes this ring 125 years old. For reference, things that happened in 1889:
- Coca Cola was incorporated
- North and South Dakota, Montana, and Washington were admitted to the union
- The Wall Street Journal runs it's first edition
- and the Moulin Rogue opens in Paris.
There are a few scuffs and marks on the band. The photographs are showing them a little more severe than your eye actually sees. We take all pictures at very high resolution. One side of the band is 4.20 mm wide and the other side is 4.57 mm. We believe the smaller side was meant to be worn to the back. The band is marked with the following:
- "F.W". This would be the makers mark. This is likely Florence Warden, whose stamp was F.W in an oval; registered in Chester in 1895. This stamp is however in a rectangle, but the lettering is the same.
- a "9", ".375", for 9K gold,
- the city mark for Chester England,
- and uppercase, stylized "F", the date code for January 1, 1889 to May 1890. The Chester Assay office closed in 1962, but the list of date codes are available online.
For your enjoyment, all purchases ship gift wrapped. We offer layaway with no fees and no interest. Interested in a particular item, but need some time to pay, email us and we'll set up a payment plan for you.
Ring Size: US 4.5, British I1/2, French 48. We don't recommend resizing this ring.
Date: Jan 1889 - May 1890
Weight: 1.2 grams or 0.8 dwt