Antique 1918 Birmingham Rose Gold Wedding Band
This antique Wedding Band is fully hallmarked for 9K Rose Gold, Birmingham, and 1918-1919. This makes this ring, 95 to 96 years old. For reference, things that happened in 1918:
- Prohibition measures are started in the U.S.
- Britain grants women, aged 30 or more the right to vote.
- The U.S. House of Representatives votes to grant women the right to vote.
- WWI comes to an end.
There are a few light scuffs on the band, not inconstant with an item this old. The band is marked with the following:
- "W.M". This would be the makers mark.
- a "9", ".375", for 9K gold,
- an anchor, which is a city mark for Birmingham England,
- and lower case, stylized "t", the date code for 1918-1919. The date codes are available on the Birmingham Assay Website.
For your enjoyment, all purchases ship gift wrapped. We offer layaway with no fees and no interest. Interested in a particular item, but need some time to pay, email us and we'll set up a payment plan for you.
Ring Size: US 7.5, British N1/2, French 55.5. We don't recommend resizing this ring.
Weight: 2.1 grams or 1.3 dwt