Art Deco 1929 Birmingham Polished Rose Gold Wedding Band
This polished, 9K Rose Gold Wedding Band was made in 1929-1930 and is in wonderful condition for 84 to 85 years old. For reference, things that happened in 1929:
- Tarzan and Popeye first appeared in comic books
- The Grand Teton National Park was established
- The first Academy Awards are announced.
- The first telephone was installed in the White House.
- Babe Ruth hits his 500th home run.
The band is marked with the following:
- H.S. This was the makers mark for H. Samuel Ltd. In the 1860's Harriet Samuel took over her fathers clock and silversmith business. She grew the business and opened several locations, before moving the company to Birmingham in 1912.
- a "9", ".375", for 9K gold,
- an anchor, which is a city mark for Birmingham England,
- and upper case, stylized "E or F". E was the date code for 1929 and F was the date code for 1930. The bottom of the date code is not clearly struck, so we are unable to determine if the ring is 1929 or 1930. We are certain it is between 1929-1930. The date codes are available on the Birmingham Assay Website.
This is a rose gold band, that is unmistakable antique.
For your enjoyment, all purchases ship gift wrapped. We offer layaway with no fees and no interest. Interested in a particular item, but need some time to pay, email us and we'll set up a payment plan for you.
Ring Size: US 5.25, British J1/2-L, French 50.5. This ring can be resized.
Weight: 1.9 grams or 1.2 dwt